Today was route 50 to Ely then north on 93 to West Wendover just to the west of Salt
Lake City. Total distance about 380 miles. Very little traffic, straight roads and sagebrush. As I crossed Nevada I thought about the pony express riders who basically followed what is now route 50. The land has to look the same today as it did back then. I saw a bit of livestock and two small herds of wild horses. We stopped at Ely for gas and as we left the gas station a state trooper felt obligated to follow us out of town. Such service!!
So we are in a casino for the night....cheap room but lots of taxes. I can look out the window of the room and see start of the salt flats. I think Bonneville is about 15 miles to the east of where we are m
now. So, the B'ville salt flats tomorrow and then back south a bit to pick up 50. Ciao
Such a nice copper...
ReplyDelete