I left my log in the car so I can't give you starting odometer reading. I believe we are at around 283 miles for the day. I will fill you in tomorrow. We visited the Lady Bird Grove and did a short walk through the redwoods. Magnificent. Some have fire damage from several fires with the base of the tree hollowed out. The tree continues to live. We took a few pictures of us standing in the hollowed out base. Then we drove through the Avenue of Giants. More giants. The tallest is just short of 380'. The ranger we spoke with said it is unmarked to keep people from trying to climb it.
I forgot to mention the huge rocks in the Pacific just off shore. Maybe 50 to 100 yards off the shore line. Like a stone thrown by a giant. We are able to smell smoke from a fire in the area and drive in and out of some low hanging clouds.
Looks like a 4 to5 hour drive to San Francisco. We should be able to go through in what we hope will be lighter Sunday traffic.
Big trees. Big, big trees! Aren't the sea stacks awesome? I think it adds such another element to the coastline. We heard about that fire... Be careful!
ReplyDelete