Starting odometer was 7663, and we did 457.9 miles. We were on US 160-69-166-400 and 44 into Joplin,MO.
One thing I forgot to mention yesterday about 160. In case you doubt the claim for how lonely it is there are road signs saying there is no snowplowing from 7 PM TO 5 AM.
Today was more of yesterday. Western Kansas has gas and oil wells, no rain, and some of the largest wind farms I have ever seen. We passed by 3 huge ones. As you move east, you go through a lot of nothing interspersed with huge farms. Small herds of beef, horses, some corn, soybeans, hay, and another crop we were not able to identify. Large sprinkler systems to water the crops. We also passed one huge feed operation. Probably 10 huge buildings, but only a couple of them were in operation.
I got a ticket in KS for passing in a non-passing zone. It was passing when I started and when I finished, no passing as I went by the other vehicle. Hopefully that will be the only one for the group.
Part way through MO tomorrow.
Stinkin' bulls are everywhere! (10 pts) I don't think we're in Kansas anymore! (You know SOMEBODY had to make a Wizard of Oz reference!)
ReplyDeleteMad mad mad mad world... I will take my 10 pts
ReplyDeleteDad - Run silent, run swift!
ReplyDelete